A workshop established in Paris in the 19th century by Charles Jean Baptiste Collin-Mezin. At the time of his death in 1923, Collin-Mezin left the workshop to his son and business partner, Charles Collin-Mezin Jr. In 1925, the workshop moved to Mirecourt, France. Upon Collin-Mezin Jr.’s death in 1934, he passed ownership of the workshop down to his own son, Charles J.B. Collin-Mezin III.
The workshop was highly regarded, with a reputation for producing vivid instruments with outstanding flexibility of sound.